Canada, Anyone?

I'm not much of a traveler, but have always wanted to visit Canada. I know, I know. Not much of a leap there considering I live in Wisconsin. But, believe me when I say, I don't get out much.


I've been working on Mike about taking a family vacation next summer. We haven't taken a vacation since before we were married. We've been married forever, dontcha know, so it's been a long time. I found some beautiful places to rent in Cochrane, which is only a few miles from Calvary. He's not so open to the idea.

"It costs too much to take a vacation," he says.

Typical response. But, I'm working on him. I may have to pull out all the stops to get him to even consider the idea, but I prepared.

Anyway, Canada is someplace I've always wanted to go. I think the country is beautiful and have heard that the people are very friendly. I know I could dream of traveling to foreign lands and experience foreign cultures, but frankly, that type of traveling scares the hell out of me. I'm quite happy to stick close to home where I can understand the language and blend in.


Lately, I've been thinking that I need more. It's that mid-life crisis thing I eluded to in my last post, I'm sure. For goodness sake, I'll be turning 40 in a couple months! And what do I have to show for it?

Don't answer that. I may cry.

0 comments: