The Older I Get, The Colder I Get

Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone? It can't be just me, because every time I go to my in-laws' house it is eight million degrees inside and they are still wearing layers. It's like an unwelcome trip into a sauna, and I'm not wearing my swimsuit. It's so hard to decide what to wear. If you dress for the weather, you're sure to die from heatstroke inside the house. If you dress for the temps inside, you'll freeze to death before you ever get there. It's quite a quandary.

These Wisconsin winters are going to be the death of me, though. I just can't seem to get warm, no matter what I do. That is, unless I go to the in-laws, but I can't spend every waking moment over there.....can I?

I even went out and invested in one of those heated mattress pads, which has resulted in more than a few sleepless hours for Mike and me. Even though they have dual controls that allows him to keep his side at his preferred temperature, and I to keep mine within my preferred range, the fact of the matter is that when sharing blankets, it really doesn't matter what your preferred temperature is, both occupants are going to receive the same temperatures. It's either too hot for him, or too cold for me.

I think separate blankets are in order. Or, maybe separate beds........

0 comments: