Sick, Sick, And More Sick

It has been an eventful week here in the Live, Laugh, Blog household. The flu has reared its ugly head, not just once, but four times, starting with Mike. Tim was next, then me, and now Rebecca. It's like a war zone in here, and until everyone is well again, I am at a loss as to how to keep up with it all. I just throw my hands up in defeat and wait for better days.

It's nasty. This bug has got its victim writhing in pain, spending countless hours in the bathroom not sure which end what is going to come out of. The details are gory, so I won't go into them for your peace of mind. Let me just say, I've never seen anything like it before.

And the flu shot? No match for this virus. I got my flu shot back in October of last year, and it didn't even touch this evil. As a matter of fact, I swear I heard it actually laugh in the face of my flu shot. I might have been hallucinating because of the fever, but it seemed real at the time.

So, as I type this, Rebecca is snoozing on the couch after being up all night long. It seems the worst might be over, but I'm not letting my guard down. I just know this ugly intruder may still be lurking just around the corner, or under the toilet seat, to nab its next victim. I've already warned everyone I know to stay away, so hopefully it will end here, today, and not hitch a ride with some other unsuspecting, unprepared individual.

0 comments: