What To Do?

I am happy to announce that today, this weekend, is the first weekend in months that we do not have anything that we have to do. For those of you who don't spend every waking moment running children to and from this activity or that, you may not understand the meaning of that statement. I'll explain.

Because of my disability and not being able to drive, we only have one driver in the household; Mike. He works a full time job every day, and then in the evenings has to drive me to the store for grocery shopping, get the kids to and from their practices, and then on weekends, drives us to various sporting events that the kids participate in. The driving never ends for him, and we are never home.

For the first time in months, there is no wrestling. There is no cheerleading, and I don't need anything from the store. We can actually stay home and attend to the things that have been neglected all these weeks. The lawn needs mowed, the garden needs weeded, and the garbage needs to be hauled to the dump. Now, these things may sound trivial to the average person, but to me, it sounds heavenly!

I will admit that not having someplace to be this weekend gives me a feeling of "what ever will we do with ourselves?" but for the most part, I'm thrilled to not have to be anywhere in particular for an entire weekend!

Boredom, come if you must. I'm willing to take that chance!

0 comments: