All Chicks Are Back in the Nest

I am happy to announce that all my children are back at home....where they belong, if I can be so bold. It's been hard this past week having them spread to the winds. Becky was in Washington DC on a class field trip where she managed to have the seizure to beat all seizures yet. And Tristan, of course, all the way in Minneapolis at school. I was feeling the effects of an empty nest, and did not like it one bit.

On the seizure/epilepsy front, we are taking Becky to a new doctor for a second opinion. We just don't feel like her current doctor is doing everything that should be done to help her. Her seizures are getting worse and worse, but the doctor only ups her meds without really doing anything else. I've had enough. Time to move onward and upward and seek out new advice.

Tristan got home this past Monday, and I was never so happy to see him. It looks like he is spending the summer at home (yay!) and working at the roofing company he worked for last summer. There was talk of going back to Minneapolis to work, but the roofing company came through with a pretty nice wage that he couldn't turn down. If I could, I'd kiss the roofing company's owner, I really would.

So for now, Momma Bird is happy and content to have all her chicks back in the nest. It's going to be a good summer, I can feel it!

0 comments: