Gold Chain

I have been taking a trip down memory lane quite a bit lately. I don't know why this is happening.

Actually, that is a lie. I do know. My kids are getting older, they don't need me as much, and I'm feeling....well, I'm feeling depressed.

Anywho, guess what I found in my jewelry box today? Remember back in the 80's when it was cool to wear a plain gold chain? Guys especially would wear them with their collars unbuttoned. Well, I had one myself that looked very similar to this one:

I wore that thing every single day, no matter what outfit I wore. Of course, after all these years, it isn't as shiny, or even as important as it used to be, but man, did it bring back some good memories. I once had a boyfriend who wore his own gold chain. While we dated, we exchanged necklaces to show our commitment to one another. 

How sweet is that? 

Actually, not so sweet because when my mother found out that we exchanged, she threw a fit and made us switch back. Something about mine costing more, and how could I trust anyone with something that valuable, blah, blah, blah. 

I don't know why I'm sharing this with you all. I guess I'm hoping that someone out there is understanding me and the way I'm feeling. I'm not the only mother that's gone through this, I'm certain. 

Be warned, I have three children as you know, so this could be an ongoing, intermittent thing.....


0 comments: