Stop the Train. I Wanna Get Off

Whoever said parenting is hard sure knew what she was talking about. The other day, I asked Mike if it was too late to opt out of parenting, and he told me it was.

*sigh*

Things are tough in the Live, Laugh, Blog household as of late. Teenagers.....I have no words.

What's a mother to do when her teenage daughter comes to her and says she's depressed - so depressed she's cutting herself? So alone that she has no friends and can't bear to go to school and face the bullies that go there?

As a parent, it's hard to understand what our kids go through each day when they are out of our sight. Kids can be cruel, I know that. They have been since the beginning of time, but it's different now than when I was in school. They've gotten meaner, more vicious. They're like wild animals: stalking, seeking out the weak, and attacking when the moment is right. There's no regard for a person's feelings. No remorse for the hurt they cause. No responsibility for the pain they inflict.

This problem is bigger than me - more than I can handle on my own. I wish I could say I know exactly what to tell my daughter. I wish I were Super Mom because she would know what to do.

0 comments: