Good News! I'm a Grandma!

Who'd a thunk it? At the ripe old age of 42, my oldest has made me a grandma.

It was a surprise, but not really so. I mean, when two young kids spend all their time doing the wild thing, it's bound to happen. The surprising part, though, was the fact that she was already four months along before they even knew she was pregnant. Such a thin girl, that one.

Anywho, they told us by giving us small gifts to open. My gift was a onesie and a package of pacifiers. I was the first to open my gift and it took a minute to register what the hell they were giving me. Seriously, I opened the package and sat there, not comprehending what I was looking at. When it finally dawned on me, a flood of emotions ran through my head in a matter of seconds. It was a very confusing moment for me, to say the least.

Once I got my shit together, it was a happy moment, and now we have little Jace. He's a doll, let me tell you. And, lucky me - I'm the designated babysitter for the little guy while his parents are at work. A blessing and a curse, I wouldn't trade it for anything because I know I'll be THE granny, and that's alright by me.

0 comments: